There are innumerable destinations….and Endless numbers of Bucket-list which we create for Ourselves right…! but We unknowingly ignore the Charm of our Backyard Seriously . Nothing haunts you more than the Things unexplored from our Backyard first 🙂 For me it is : Let me explore my Backyard first! before I take on the World…!!
This Road-trip is all thanks to a Couple of Friends who were Planning to visit Gir Wildlife Sanctuary but were not quite sure as the Sanctuary safari remains closed in the Monsoons. So thought why visit and Explore the Unexplored…plus it is raining so just why not just do it.
The Charming Roads just seduce you to get lost….
I had my Train Bookings done from Mumbai itself in Saurashtra Janta Express which has its last stop at Veraval : Which 7 kms away from the famous Somnath Temple. I had stayed up in Junagadh which comes on the Way and happens to be the Point from where the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary Begins.
We all know Gir Wildlife Sanctuary as A National Park which is quite famous for its Safari of the Rarest Asiatic Lions hain na.. but there is much much more to it : It is probably amongst the few Sanctuaries which homes Innumerable Roads which leads to : human habitats inside the sanctuary : as well as many towns and Cities as well. So when you need to commute you pass through this Beautiful Sanctuary and that is the Best Part 🙂
special isn’t that true 🙂
Will be sharing the 5 road-trips to different locations which I have done and all the Roads pass through the interiors of Gir Sanctuary ; So you never know you end up greeting someone special you know 😉
You also end up having Tea… right Because India Runs on Tea..and so do I plus you also have a New local dishes to hog on and get lost…
Without any deviations : lets discuss the Road-trip Plans
- The Old Town of Junagadh and the Fort of Uparkot situated on the Hills of Gir
- Junagadh to The Town of Talala – which is also very famous for its Kesar Mangoes
- Talala to Jamvada ( Interior of Sanctuary) – the Water Fall in the Interiors of Gir
- Jamvada to Tulsi-Shyam ( Interior of Sanctuary) : famous Krishna temple which is isolated between 7 pm to 7am
- Tulsi-Shyam to Diu also called as Goa of Gujarat 😉
We will be sharing the Travelogue of the Road-trip from the next trip on wards 🙂
- The Wildlife Pics are taken from a Moving Car as Stopping in the Interiors of Sanctuary is strictly prohibited.