My Random Sunday turned into a Magical kinda Sunday and what exactly was the Magic ! Lets discover that through this Blog Post 🙂 All thanks to the Quaker Oats Event at J.W Mariatt !!
Into the Flashback : how did that Sunday turn into a Magical Sunday !!
It just took 2 minutes : No I did not prepare Maggii.. but my fellow Blogger friend @ send shared the link for the #QuakerBowl Event ; after applying I instantly got the confirmation mail from the IB team as below :
Dear Pooja Bhatt,
Join us to discover the awesomeness that’s stored in a bowl of Quaker Oats. An exclusive chance to meet a celebrity chef & explore healthy food in a whole new way. A perfect Sunday filled with nutritious & delicious Quaker Oats, exciting conversations and engagements that are too good to be missed!
- Sunday, April 10, 2016
10:30 AM to 2 PM.
Random thoughts running through the previous Night of the Event :
Wow there is an Event : that too Quaker Oats Event. There were Random thoughts which ran as
- How can you expect someone to get up early in the Morning that too on a Sunday Morning
- It is a Sunday so will commute on time !
- It is worth risking the Sunday Early Morning Sleep plus It is Food Event – may be Master-chef show will be replicated
- Should I carry a DSLR ? No it is a Food Event but then by Dabba Phone will not click Shots as Good….
- There is no Dress Code for the Event : what should I Wear…
Morning of 10 April : the Event -Wala Morning :
After Juggling those random thoughts at Night : I woke up just fine on time not only that in the History of all the Events I attended : I reached much earlier than the Scheduled time ! There was a Feeling of Pride 🙂 I can… The Registration desk was up so while registering found my friends finally so the upcoming Event promised to be Smooth enough in their Company.
Mr. Anoop Johnson from IB welcomed us in his Super Unique Style Hu Hu Hu….and then what came next was definitely something which We did not expect ; Vineet Ranjan of IB with Unique Hilarious Moves …. which were like ROFL personified.When this came up ; We were like what is next …. it were Squats (no joking) seriously 🙂 After that it left us guessing the #CelebrityChef : Vikas Khanna it was !!
Reasons why People like Me Went Blank !!
In the first place ; I had pinch myself first yes I mean , before a Year I was a Mango person ; so Seeing This person for the first time that too some meters away..I was surprised sweetly. Also being a Fan of Master-Chef India.. the flashback of the episodes run in and out through your mind seriously. All you are left is Riot of Fun and Excitement totally.
Happened at the Event !!
Initially after all the Whistles; Claps and excitement ; Our Very Own Geeta Sridhar.Ma Welcomed the Chef on our Behalf as it was indeed a treat to the Eyes. After which Master with his humbleness introduced us the Quaker Oats Family and his association with Pepisco Foods. He took the Event to an All New Level of Awesomeness.
We came across the Informative Sessions starting with
a.the History of Quaker Oats :
- Quaker Oats is helping us serve healthy Breakfast Solutions since 137 years. It does branch under the Pepisco Foods which is working together with WHO to fight Malnutrition across the Globe. As Malnutrition is the basic health disorder which is faced amongst 3 out of 5 kids in the World.
b. Fun Facts about Food and Cuisine :
- Saffron is grown in part of Kashmir Valley
- Pear : Cauliflower : Gooseberry which family do they belong
- I couldn’t guess anyone of these ;0
- There were many other questions as well but I did not win anything so I hardly remember those questions.
c. Uses of Quaker Oats apart from the Regular Porridge which we have:
- We can use it as Binding agent so we can use it in Cutlets.
- It can also be used as the Thickening Agent for the Soups and Gravy of the Veggies.
- My Recipe : There are always the Regular Oats which I have with Milk and Crushed Oreo and Bourbon Biscuits plus Oats Uttapam with Veggies.
d. Came Across Many Interesting Amazing Punjabi Facts which we never knew before this :
- 101 reasons why Punjabi’s Say “Ollu De Phatte”
- “Gaaliaya na hoti “to Punjabi Kya Karte 🙁 B.P se mar jaate
- What is the Major Reason for the Fights in the Punjabi Marriages
- We should all know basics of Punjabi so that we can sometimes understand the goofs as well 😉
After that it was the Time to have Blind Fold Professional Quaker Soup Tasting Session: With the Cooked Soups : People had to identify the Ingredients used initially it was decided to be blind folded but then it was not done with the Blind Fold.
In total there were 15 ingredients in the Soup ; the winner managed to get 12 out of 15 Correct that was quite commendable. After the Tasting Session ; It was #DIY cooking session : of the given ingredients we had to Cook 2 dishes : Nutritional and Instagrammable. Every Table represented a different team.
We did not win anything ; but the enjoyed Non-sense cooking together. Team no 10 was chosen to be the Winner. In the Mean time ; It was A Selfie Session for All of Us. There was a large queue of my fellow bloggers to have a Selfie with #CelebrityChef Vikas Khanna. The groups were pouring in and out for the Selfies 🙂
Looking at that long queue of Selfie ; I almost gave up the idea of taking a Selfie but then Chef Vikas Khanna was so humble enough to come down to our Table and actually discuss the Event. I managed a Selfie at my place itself 🙂 this event has proved to be Magical in all Ways As everything worked for me perfectly Magical 🙂 I just love blogging as it leaves you with the Events like this : Which Blesses You with Showers of Hope and Inspiration.
A Single person cannot move mountains but a Group together can so there lies the
Power in being together.
Just Embrace yourself in whatever situation you are ; the situation will change for you !
These were the two inspirational quotes which were shared by the Chef Himself. It was the time for Lunch and Go home and Continue Blogging. I was so moved by this Event that when I met Vineet Ranjan after the Event ; I went completely blank again. Life surprises you like this when you least expect it. Thank you IB for this Beautiful Event where I could believe and live the Magic.